We would like to thank BroadGroup and everyone that attended for making this year’s event the best so far!
On the 12th June the winners of the 11th Datacloud Awards were announced!
Congratulations to all of the Datacloud Awards winners:
- Best Data Centre Energy Solution Award – DigiPlex
- Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility Award – 4D Data Centres
- Data Centre Above and Beyond Award – CBRE Data Centre Solutions – DXC London Team
- Excellence in Data Centres Architecture and Design Award – Altice Portugal
- Data Centre Geographical Location Award – Nigeria represented by Rack Centre
- Circular Economy Leadership Award – EvoSwitch
- Connectivity Provider of the Year Award – GlobeNet
- Best Programme for Data Centre Training and Professional Development – CNet Training
- Excellence in Cloud Service Award with Global Impact – SAP Cloud ERP
- Excellence in Cloud Service Award with Local Impact – EBRC
- Excellence in Data Centre Service Award with Global Impact – Equinix
- Excellence in Data Centre Service Award with Local Impact – EvoSwitch
- Hyperscale Award – AirTrunk
- Marketer of the Year Award – Fredrik Jansson, DigiPlex
- Young Engineer of the Year Award – Mercy Mahinda Wangari of Safaricom, Kenya
- Data Centre Leader of the Year Award – Knut Molaug, Green Mountain
- Cloud Leader of the Year Award – Diane Greene, Google
- Individual Industry Contribution – Ambassador Award – Emma Fryer, Tech UK
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Peter Hannaford, Datacenter People
- Infrastructure Masons Diversity Award – Rob Roy, Founder and CEO of Switch
- Award for Services to The Datacloud Awards – Gerd Simon
We would also like to congratulate our Chairman, Peter Hannaford for being awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award for his valued contribution to the datacenter industry. It is a huge honour to receive such recognition, surely a knighthood can’t be far behind!
DCE18 also saw the launch of Portman Partners, the Executive Search subsidiary of the Datacenter People Group. Peter Hannaford will head up Portman whilst remaining chairman of the Datacenter People Group.
We co-hosted our “hot-ticket” event, Drinks on the Beach, again this year and despite a spot of rain it was a huge success. For all of you that had your picture taken, you can see them all here:
Drinks on the Beach 2018, Monaco
See you again next year!