Oregon, United States of America
Datacenter People is working with a leading provider of facility solutions. Their comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions.
What the Job Involves…
- Perform maintenance/engineering tasks as required.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and safety procedure and ensure compliance by vendors, customers, and other parties.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and ensure that contractors are suited appropriately for the work being performed.
- Recommend/implement improvements for the preventive maintenance program on an on-going basis.
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, vendors, customers, and other parties.
- Oversee all building systems.
- Assist the Assistant Chief with Incident Reporting, Change Management Documents, Switching Procedures, Method of Operations.
- Maintain positive communication with customers, owners, property management, contractors, and vendors.
- Assist in the development of operating and capital budgets.
- Coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings and other building documentation.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Track inventory of critical spare parts to ensure adequate stock is always maintained.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes (OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ASHRAE and others as applicable), government agencies and company directives as related to building equipment upgrades, retrofits, buildouts, maintenance, and operations.
- Purchase parts and supplies as necessary per the purchase approval process.
- Assist Technical Operations Manager with load management and capacity planning for all data centers areas.
- Ability to read and analyze Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing drawings.
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Has an associate's degree (AA/AS) or an equivalent combination of education and experience; data center experience is strongly preferred.
- Has a trade license or certification acquired through technical education/training.
- Has a facilities maintenance certification.
- Has experience working with mission-critical data equipment, and the willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment.
- Has strong HVAC, mechanical, and electrical skills and experience.
- Holds an understanding of computer systems, and is skilled with Microsoft Office products.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.