Oregon, United States of America
Datacenter People is working with the largest building commissioning and operational risk management providers in the world.
What the Job Involves…
- Provides engineering and technical support to plan, schedule, coordinate and execute full life cycle commissioning of critical facilities.
- Participates in the MEP design process; witnesses the static and dynamic testing of complex mechanical, electrical and controls systems and operates the system in normal, maintenance and failure modes of operations by performing the following duties.
- Performs Test Procedures.
- Work with fundamental test equipment.
- Electrical Discipline should be comfortable working around live components, three phase AC Power Systems and Direct Current (DC) power systems. Mechanical Discipline should be comfortable working with chilled water distribution and commercial HVAC systems.
- Conducts site observation surveys and prepares field reports on the status of projects and completion of projects with respect to compliance to the plans and specifications.
- Prepares punch list reports and determines corrective measures for on-site problems.
- Acts as project coordinator with other field engineers, coordinating printing, presentation and administration procedures.
- Develops MEP test and operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Is able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Can write routine reports and correspondence.
- Has knowledge of engineering principles.
- Has basic knowledge of your principle (mechanical or electrical).
- Has knowledge of electrical or mechanical system from operations point of view.
- Can speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Is able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Can apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Is able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Can deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel and Deltek.
- Has a Bachelor's degree (BA./BSc.) and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Can travel domestically and internationally as needed.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.