Sterling, Northern Virginia
Datacenter People is partnering with one of the world's leading data center operators, delivering digital infrastructure to scale the world's most innovative companies, through a comprehensive suite of wholesale, colocation, build-to-suit, and powered shell solutions.
What The Job Involves
- Implement and follow the standardized culture of always working safely across all STACK data centers.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring, and Control.
- Tracking and trending operational characteristics.
- Provide feedback to management on the effectiveness of existing standards and processes
- Work with the Critical Operations Manager to complete an aggressive preventive and predictive maintenance schedule
- Assist with the database management of maintenance discrepancies and work with site management to resolve site issues based on agreed-upon priorities.
- Ensure data center operates at maximum operational efficiency, including analyzing existing operating conditions, recommending new technologies, and improving overall efficiency.
- Manage systems to avoid unplanned, customer-impacting outages
- Follow direction from data center management regarding the data floor and back of house mechanical loading capacity thereby ensuring that the cooling system is operating at its highest efficiency
- Coordinate and oversee power installations and upgrades
- Navigate and utilize a CMMS system.
- Use developed procedures to solve problems
- Assist in asset and consumable inventory management.
- Responsible for the tracking and proper labelling of all equipment per established procedures.
- Provide day-to-day exceptional customer service and support.
- Incident escalation, response, and follow-up report writing
- Maintain and complete regular facility and security tours documenting and responding to found issues.
- Provide applied mechanical and integrated control expertise for the entire data center
- Serve in a technical writing capacity in regard to the derivation of procedures for preventative or corrective maintenance activities.
- The job may require taking on on-call duties outside of normal working hours.
- Taking on other duties as required by STACK. Job duties, roles, and responsibilities are subject to change over time.
We're Looking For Someone With
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in a data center or other related mission-critical operations role.
- Experience working with various Microsoft Office applications and other database housing software
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks and work well in stressful situations.
- Strong understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment. These include, but are not limited to UPS, Transformers, PDU’s, RPP’s, Chillers, CRAH, CRAC, STS, ATS, and Pre-action systems.
- Strong knowledge of NFPA70e, NFPA72, NFPA25, and compliance issues as well as building codes in regard to fire life safety.
- Familiarity and experience in data center trending and analysis, with the ability to rapidly learn and use PC-based site monitoring systems.
- United States Navy Nuclear Engineering – preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience – preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, reach or feel objects, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, talk, see at close range, and hear for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends, late nights, holidays, and on-call support.
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.