Datacenter People is working with a leading data center operator with over 60 years’ experience designing, building and operating facilities across the South-East Asia region.
- Be responsible for the technical expertise and design support on technical requirements or all electrical, structural and mechanical engineering on the project.
- Evaluate the design and construction and operation of mission-critical facilities and associated MEP components.
- Evaluate existing construction designs and offer advice on all technical aspects of construction.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
- Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation,
- and performance of all systems.
- Support the project managers in an engineering review of the project so to date.
- Subsequent to the engineering review, provide engineering input as required for
- resolution of non-conformance reports.
- Escalate any technical risks or issues that may affect project delivery.
- Knowledge of local building codes and regulations.
- Be aware of the project scope and provide technical support for information
- requests prior to and during construction phases.
- Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
- Travel to sites for site review and supervision.
- Work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide advice on engineering
- evaluations, mechanical systems audits, and start up as needed.
The Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering.
- Data center design and build experience.
- Demonstrate professional skill and knowledge in the field of technical engineering
- expertise specifically related to data centers.
- 4-5 years’ experience as an electrical engineer,
- Experienced in working in the design and construction of a data center operations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interpret and evaluate results of analysis to prepare documentation and create
- relevant project reports and/or presentations.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to detail and good record keeping.
- Independent: able to work with a minimum supervision.
- Ability to be a team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly
- communicate issues to all levels of management
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Experience with construction and design or data centre projects.
- Professionally qualified in the related discipline.
- Conversant to a competent level with Microsoft Windows, MS-Office (especially MS
- Project Management).
- Proficient in English and other languages is a plus.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience to supervise team and lead teams.
- Experience with relevant industry software.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.