UK Remote Home Based plus Travel
Datacenter People is working with a global leader in designing, building and servicing critical power and cooling infrastructure for the data center industry.
What The Job Involves
- Review RFQs and identify customer requirements/specifications.
- Provide sales and pre-sales support with technical support of product specifications and applications.
- Standard product selection based on customer requirements.
- Coordinates with factory engineering departments for specific technical requests.
- Special applications – Configure-to-Order (CTO):
- Configure solutions in Configure-One (C1) where standard products do not fit.
- Define feasibility and costs of solutions/products.
- Integration, coordination and support the internal pre-sales and/or external suppliers.
- Prepare relevant technical documents.
- Internal support for project management team and sales.
- Presentation/explanation of solution to sales organization.
- Interact with Engineering and Manufacturing once customer order is received.
- Manage the relationship between Sales teams and the Line of Business.
- Create product and application presentations for customers and consultants.
- Provide technical trainings to sales teams.
- Work with Product Management and Sales teams to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products.
- Constantly monitor the market for trends and competitor activities.
- Support local quality management audits (e.g. ISO9001/14001).
- Support that any activity, task and responsibility required by role in terms of the International Trade Compliance Regulation is managed and performed in full compliance with the Company ITC certification program itself.
We're Looking For Someone With
- School Background: engineering background or equivalent education with proven field experience.
- Previous working experience: experience in products and installation, especially for data center or equivalent.
- Solid experience matured in adjacent markets and in similar positions.
- Language skills: fluent English written and verbal required.
- Excellent IT skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and Customer/Sales orientation.
- High focus on customer needs.
- Practical experiences with products.
- Experience in quoting/proposing/installing/managing projects.
- Disciplined, self-motivated and proactive.
- Able to combine long term and short-term goals by setting priorities.
- Organisational skills and familiar with a decentralised environment but at the same time able to work in a team.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organisation from entry level to executive.
- Proficient in using C1 and Oracle Sales Cloud.
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar CAD systems.
- Well informed on standards and contractual regulation issues.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.