Datacenter People is partnering with the UK’s leading digital edge infrastructure provider, specialising in cloud, colocation and connectivity services.
What The Job Involves
- Assist with rack installations and cabling to obtain the maximum cooling efficiencies from the deployment.
- Logging of all faults and issues within Pulsant platforms and communicating and responding to tickets and requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Carry out PPM tasks in a timely manner ensuring optimal building and facilities integrity, upkeep, maintenance, and aesthetics.
- Provide support for all day-to-day activities on the site and ensure site security and integrity is maintained at all times across the campus site.
- Involvement with regards to testing and handover, and knowledge and understanding of any new infrastructure or hardware / software installed monitoring the facility.
- Work on a ticketing system to ensure tasks are picked up daily and the correct response is given.
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
- All roles will be required to handle confidential information and/or sensitive data in a professional manner and in line with existing Company processes and policies.
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
We're Looking For Someone With
- Time served trades person or hold an appropriate city and guilds certificate.
- Qualified to current electrical regulations (i.e. hold a current 18th Edition certification).
- Hold a full enhanced disclosure certificate/or of character to apply for one through HR.
- Minimum National 4 / GCSE level or equivalent in English.
- Maintenance and electrical experience, preferably in the IT sector.
- Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative.
- An enthusiastic, driven, committed and flexible approach to work.
- Solutions driven, confident and friendly approach in dealing with customers.
- Natural initiative and pro-activeness to their method of working.
- Excellent analytical, process and documentation skills.
- Be open to new ideas and have a positive outlook.
- Demonstrate value of and delivery of high quality customer care with their approach to communication.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to think logically.
- Good problem-solving skills.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.
Apply With LinkedIn