Datacenter People is working with the leading data center colocation company in Switzerland delivering scalable and secure services through its facilities in the country. The company has been the preferred data center provider for multinationals and United Nations agencies.
What the Job Involves…
- Participate in RFI and RFP studies for prospective customers.
- Determine and allocate project estimate in relation with Construction and Finance Departments.
- Ensure the successful on time delivery of build-out and retrofit of Data Center infrastructure.
- Supervise medium-to-large projects from conception to completion.
- Ensure large amounts of independent work as well as collaboration with external support groups including engineering, automation, processing, & finance in both local & global settings.
- Supervise the 3-D coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to installation.
- Handle billings and contract management; control billings to accounting for timely payment in relation with the Finance Department.
- Monitor, document and report on all phases of planning and construction on structure, electrical, mechanical, fire suppression, security and building controls.
- Direct and manage the commissioning process (level 1 through level 5) on the project inclusive of the start-up plan, commissioning schedule and functional testing.
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over, and training.
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data centre activities.
- Drive innovation and resiliency while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
- Suggest, document, and implement company policies to gain efficiencies.
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Has an Associates or Bachelors in applicable engineering field or mechanical or electrical trades.
- Has operating engineering licenses such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent.
- Has a Stationary Engineering or Building Engineering License.
- Has proven experience as a project engineer in a data center (at least 5 years).
- Has a good understanding of security standards.
- Can demonstrate ability to construction project and adheres to deadlines.
- Is able to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex documents. Ability to suggest and recommend high-qualified technical solutions.
- Is able to speak fluently French, English and German with the ability to read and write in the other language. German is mandatory.
- An on-duty service required.
- A driver's license is required.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.