You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Datacenter People is partnering with the leading data center colocation company in Switzerland, delivering scalable and secure services through its facilities throughout the country.
What the Job Involves…
- Participate in RFI and RFP studies for prospective customers.
- Determine and allocate project estimate in relation with Construction and Finance Departments.
- Coordinate with internal teams to facilitate facility planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Ensure the successful on time delivery of build-out and retrofit of Data Center infrastructure.
- Supervise medium-to-large projects from conception to completion.
- Ensure large amounts of independent work as well as collaboration with external support groups including engineering, automation, processing, & finance in both local & global settings.
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion.
- Supervise the 3-D coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to installation.
- Handle billings and contract management; control billings to accounting for timely payment in relation with the Finance Department.
- Identify risks, gaps, and opportunities and communicate to stakeholders and other teams to drive resolution.
- Monitor, document and report on all phases of planning and construction on structure, electrical, mechanical, fire suppression, security and building controls.
- Direct and manage the commissioning process (level 1 through level 5) on the project inclusive of the start-up plan, commissioning schedule and functional testing.
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over, and training.
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Has an Associates or Bachelors in applicable engineering field or mechanical or electrical trades.
- Has an operating engineering licenses such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent.
- Has a Stationary Engineering or Building Engineering License.
- Is able to prove their experience as project engineer in a data center (5 years).
- Has a good understanding of security standards.
- Can demonstrable ability to construction project and adheres to deadlines.
- Has the ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex documents. Ability to suggest and recommend high-qualified technical solutions.
- Possesses high skills with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems. Working knowledge of project management.
- Speaks fluently French, English and German with the ability to read and write in the other language. German is mandatory.
- Has a valid driver's license.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.