The Facility manager provides day-to-day oversight and leadership of the data centre. Responsibilities include leading the maintenance, repair, installation and operation of the facility’s electrical systems, mechanical systems, capacity planning, project management, customer build-outs, and all other aspects of data centre facility operation. The Manager is responsible for managing 24/7 activities of the facilities team while working in collaboration with Network Operations, Engineering and various other internal and external customers.
The role will be part of a new business initiative, with the potential to grow the position into a portfolio manager position. The portfolio manager’s role would be accountable for multiple DC accounts across the main FLAP regions of Europe.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Full accountability for the overall performance of the SLA and required deliverables including compliance, DC performance management against KPI’s (uptime, PUE, EUE, WUE), cost savings initiatives, and customer satisfaction.
- Support the business unit manager implement this new business strategy through supporting tenders, delivering sales presentations and assisting the business development initiative across Europe.
- Lead the development, implementation and administration of operational processes, programs and systems in the data centre.
- Develop and manage the data centre maintenance program and ensure it is delivered and coordinated to align with the DC availability.
- Develop vendor supply chain in new markets – Amsterdam.
- Obtain and review vendor bids for maintenance, support and repairs, ensure vendor adheres to quality, scheduling, budgetary guidelines, policies, procedures and standards.
- Development and management of facilities budget for maintenance, repairs, capital and general operating costs; bottom-up development of yearly budgets.
- Act as primary technical and operational contact for our client, both as the technical lead and local point of escalation during emergency events and day to day operations.
- Track operational metrics as well as SLA KPIs, to provide Senior Management oversight and control for both snapshot data and long-term trend analysis.
- Establish effective business relationships with the customer, and to positively interact with client personnel at all levels.
- Ensure the risk management program and processes are fully implemented and audited in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plans are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain compliance with all local & national life safety building requirements in the DC.
- The role will be a full-time position based in Amsterdam with (approx. monthly) day trips required to Dublin.
- Critical, 10years or more experience in data centre facility management and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in either electrical or mechanical engineering. Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Extensive technical knowledge of data centre critical systems: Diesel generators, UPS systems, fuel systems, switchgear, power distribution equipment, chillers, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Leadership of workplace health & safety behavioural programs for both direct and vendor employees.
- Ability to think strategically and implement new business initiatives and ideas.
- Manage and report on all costs, monthly forecasts, and variance reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in driving and closing out operational change.