You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Datacenter People is working with a leading international data center commissioning specialist.
- Perform design reviews of systems.
- Develop, oversee and write start up and commissioning policies and procedures.
- QA/QC of the equipment installation.
- Perform construction observations and develop functional test plans.
- Execute tests for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems and to ensure testing is performed in conformance with standards and procedures.
- Assist in training of plant operations and maintenance personnel.
- Act as liaison with vendors and subcontractors regarding problem resolution and perform testing as required.
- Review and analyse data and prepare technical reports.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors and other project team members.
- Work with others to manage small to mid-size projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Experience Profile
- 7 years of industry experience in either electrical power distribution or mechanical systems or both. AA degree, military training or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical systems or equivalent industry experience with proven customer service skills.
- Experience in diagnosing and solving construction and operational problems.
- Experience associated with industrial level generators, Uninterruptable Power Supplies, HVAC and Power conditioning equipment is a benefit.
- Be organized; possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with MS word and excel is a must.
- Must have the ability to work in a high stress environment, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others.
- Technically competent on test equipment such as: AC/DC amp probe, digital voltmeter, phase rotation meters, battery conductance tester, battery load tester, micro-ohm meter.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is considered a plus.
- Must have or be able to obtain a passport, the position will require a minimum of 75% travel and will require national and/or international travel.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.