Datacenter People is working with a global leading provider of hyperscale data center campuses.
- Ensure the completion of the maintenance activities to the highest quality level of planification, preparation, execution, and reporting.
- Ensure the full reliability of the infrastructures with the focus on continuity of services, energy efficiency and budgetary constraints.
- Use the BMS (Backup Management System) and all available systems and do regular walkthroughs to keep up to date at all time the appropriate monitoring on site
- Participate in the implementation of the site-specific crisis management plan and in the tests and implementation exercises concerning this plan.
- Monitor very closely the capacities of the infrastructure equipment at their different levels and their load of use / demand, and report back to the Site Manager.
- Anticipate the impact of the future development of customer loads on these infrastructures.
- Participate with the construction team to any site construction phase including the commissioning, and specifically to ensure service continuity to the customers.
- Actively contribute to all improvement actions in the site PUE.
- Proactively raise awareness of the need to increase the power level that is contractually agreed with the energy provider.
- Develop energy quality indicators as provided on behalf of infrastructures, by keeping appropriate records.
- Ensure highest standards of cleanliness by adapting the ad-hoc services.
- Beyond the context of the technical infrastructures of the Data Centre area, manage all services/suppliers concerned and the external appearance of the building.
- With the assistance of the IT and Controls departments, ensure the proper operation of the site’s BMS.
- Ensure that resources allow for the monitoring of infrastructures and their use at all times and as closely and as efficiently as possible.
- Support and monitor the maintenance service providers daily and keep up to date the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in accordance with VANTAGE’s requirements.
- Participate in regular audits which are designed to assess the level of service continuity and analyse risks.
- Implement improvement plans arising from the observations made during audits or in response to incidents arising in the infrastructures.
The Experience Profile
- Technical training (advanced technician or engineer level) in one of the following fields: electricity (electric generators, UPS, low-voltage distribution), air conditioning, fire and physical safety and security (access control, video and anti-intrusion systems) or centralized building management systems.
- At least 3 years’ experience in these types of functions, ideally in a similar environment to data center operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operating, maintaining, repairing, inspecting, and testing critical electrical distribution systems, HVAC systems and building management/automation equipment.
- Supervision of Level II, III and IV maintenance works on the site infrastructure.
- Good communication skills with third parties and internal customers.
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive approach and the capacity to generate new ideas.
- Highly motivated at problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and a genuine commitment to following up actions.
- Good writing skills.
- Proven skills in the use of software, such as, BMS, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and MS Project.
- Travel is expected to be less than 5%, occasionally for training purposes.
- English and German language minimum level B2.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.