Datacenter People is working with the leading data center commissioning and quality services firm in the world.
What the Job Involves...
- Provide engineering and technical support to plan, schedule, coordinate and execute full life cycle commissioning of critical facilities.
- Participate in the MEP design process.
- Witnesses the static and dynamic testing of complex electrical systems.
- Perform Test Procedures.
- Prepare meeting minutes.
- Interact with contractors, interpreting design and specifications.
- Conduct site observation surveys and prepares field reports on the status of projects and completion of projects with respect to compliance to the plans and specifications.
- Prepare punch list reports and determines corrective measures for on-site problems.
- Prepare general condition survey reports.
- Familiarise oneself with codes, local project regulations, construction practices and the latest equipment functional concepts.
- Obey all the projects safety requirements including specific on-site regulations.
- Performs routine calculations.
- Act as project coordinator with other field engineers, coordinating printing, presentation and administration procedures.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
We're Looking for Someone Who...
- Experience commissioning UPS systems in a data center or large commercial/industrial setting – typically 500kVA or above. OR a number of years’ experience in a senior commissioning role with the ability to interpret the same, in lieu of this a technical background in power conversion technologies such as HVDC with a thorough understanding of power conversion.
- Ability to determine and interpret data from various sources such as external PQM waveforms, data logs etc.
- Ability to determine pass/fail criteria on UPS testing (ITIC), generators and switchgear.
- Switchgear and generator commissioning experience.
- Conversant in data center topologies across varied designs: N+1, N+2, 2N etc.
- Fault finding/trouble-shooting knowledge of various integrated systems such as UPS/generator/switchgear integration and associated control.
- Ability to interpret overall design intent of integrated systems and advise on various operational aspects to ensure the system will perform correctly. This will be determined through both through design reviews and on-site knowledge.
- Working knowledge of network and communications – Modbus/ethernet, SCADA systems etc.
- Understanding of data center commissioning levels and the requirements to move from level-to-level.
- Working knowledge of substations and power systems/quality and their associated protection systems such as overcurrent and unit protection and a thorough understanding of harmonics etc.
- Knowledge of scheduling/planning/reporting.
We regret that due to a high volume of applicants we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.