London, United Kingdom
Datacenter People is working with a global leader in mission critical power equipment.
What the Job Involves…
- Maintain high-level expertise of product knowledge and application.
- Complete System Layouts; design layouts of busduct systems based on site surveys, customer drawings, project tenders and field input.
- Working knowledge of Autocad mechanical and electrical preferred.
- Create product technical documentation (catalog sheets, FAQ’s, Tech Briefs, Reports, installation instructions, etc.)
- Provide technical support to sales and to customers onsite or remotely as required on topics including but not limited to product ratings, compliance with local regulations and Standards, safety, functionality, customisation, troubleshooting, installation, and pricing.
- Attend customer facing meetings which may include providing customer facing presentations for product solutions, project management updates.
- Drafting offers related to bus duct products, verifies the technical aspects of the application (based on the technical needs expressed by the customer, drawings of the installation layout.)
- Verifying the technical characteristics (operating temperature, power, installation, material, quantity, etc.)
- Supports the management of the customer’s project through the entire sales cycle
- Onsite troubleshooting and rework.
- Technical liaison to the sales team.
- Training on busduct product to Sales network, Customers and installing contractors.
- Provides Service Group through helping to project manage installations.
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Aptitude for electrical product design and application in power distribution and busduct products.
- Familiarity with the IEC standards and various IEC certifications.
- Persuasive and articulate, with an ability to communicate and influence people at all levels, verbally, in writing and by presentation.
- Stable, loyal and reliable, with a customer focused personality.
- Self-reliant, flexible and resourceful.
- BS Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering - Electrical Engineering Preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with project management tools such as Prince2.
- Proficient in technical writing and communication.
- Prior experience with busduct products is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15% on a regular basis and 20% occasionally, mainly in EMEA, other locations as required.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing and construction areas where, under certain areas, the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection are required.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.