London, United Kingdom
Datacenter People are working with a data center company who powers, cools, protects and connects the technology of the world’s well-known hyper-scalers, cloud providers and large enterprises. Developing and operating across six markets in North America and five markets in Europe.
What the Job Involves…
- Participate in all aspects of mechanical design and engineering including conceptual design, basis of design, scope of work, development of construction documents.
- Drive project level tasks and milestones assigned by the project management team
- Create and/or review project plans and specifications.
- Subject matter expert responsible for technical reviews including submittals, RFIs and engineering studies/analysis.
- Visit job sites for field investigations and coordination meetings.
- Creation and/or review of the following: Project specifications, schematic drawings, design and construction documents, submittals, sequence of operations, test and balance reports, commissioning scripts.
- Attend project design team meetings and interface with various team members.
- Review, comment and process project plans and actively participate at various gating approvals.
- Participation in on-site job walks and meetings.
- Review complete sequence of operations for all designed mechanical systems
- Project coordination and commissioning support.
- Review documentation for the mechanical part of the commissioning efforts of each project.
- Work with Site Operations to find balance between cost-effective solutions & operational sustainability.
- Support Site Operations to troubleshoot/tune existing systems.
- Additional duties as assigned from time to time by management.
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- 6 years of experience in Mechanical engineering design and construction required, 8-12 years preferred.
- Data center experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Excel, Word and Sigma6 modelling software.
- Working knowledge of critical cooling infrastructure within a data center.
- Working knowledge of all building codes and ordinances, including ASHRAE.
- Travel required is expected to be 5 to 10%, but may increase over time as the business evolves.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.