Datacenter People is working with a leading data center colocation operator.
What the Job Involves…
- Working with a team of highly qualified Technicians, the role offers huge development potential for any candidate wanting to work on the leading edge of the growing data center industry.
- Operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems, areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building and Control.
- Monitor the EPMS, BMS, Fire Systems Alarms and respond in a timely manner.
- Operate, monitor, maintain and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems.
- Perform preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium & low voltage, high availability power systems.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted & permitted to work.
- Ensure that documents library and workshop are clean & tidy always.
- Provide input into and develop site specific procedures including EOPs, SOPs and MOPS.
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Has a fully verifiable trade qualification in a relevant engineering discipline & verifiable additional training that is relevant to the proposed environment.
- Has an understanding of LV power distribution and loading.
- Has a strong understanding and experience of the electrical & mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS Systems, Battery Banks, ATS / STS Units, Chillers, Air Handling Units, CRAC Units, Fire Alarm Systems and Fire Suppression Systems.
- Has experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), building management systems and their integration with the data center infrastructure.
- Has experience of low & medium voltage distribution systems & associated switch gear and protection equipment is preferred.
- Is able to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.
- No prior data center experience is required as full training can be provided.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.