Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Datacenter People is working with a global colocation data center operator.
What the Job Involves…
- Supports site visits, presentations, customer workshops based on exceptional knowledge of market and infrastructure in all countries.
- Acts as second pair of eyes to all technical country and HQ input and provides all technical information not available in country as part of RFP and tender processes.
- Collaborates with clients on their requirements to favourably influence specifications in RFPs.
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key senior-level decision makers and influencers at a selected group of major customers.
- Works with a defined set of customers to meet revenue targets of the company and supports sales team in the closing process.
- Conducts regular status and strategy meetings with the International Sales and Bid-Management as well as customer’s senior management or Subject Matter Experts to understand their needs and link them to the organization’s product/services strategy.
- Supports the national or major account sales team in the management of/building strong relationship to selected customers.
- Conducts environmental scans, organizational positioning analyses and other studies.
- Develops and keeps up to date a data base for standardized answers to RFP's in line with the standardized data center design.
- Provides external clients with objective strategic advisory services to improve organizational performance and long-term competitiveness.
- Supports the design, implementation, and delivery of business performance/improvement programs in areas such as customer relationship management and business process engineering.
We’re Looking for Someone Who…
- Has a technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems in a data center
- Has a clear sales orientation, proven ability to articulate clear value propositions at executive level in multinational setting.
- Has a university degree in engineering would be beneficial, but not required; alternatively, comparable vocational education (e.g. in industries like pharmaceutical, petro-chemical, or other critical industries) with extensive working experience in the required sectors.
- Has ideally 3-5 years’ of experience in data center or telecommunication sector, and 3-5 years of project management or consultancy desired.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English, both written and speaking and ideally one additional European language.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.