7 UK and Europe Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
Provides full time onsite 3rd Party Quality Control oversight reporting directly to the client while interacting with the Construction Team on a daily basis.
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
- Performs quality inspections in accordance with program quality control documentation.
- Participate and guide project quality control from kick-off until hand-off.
- Provides oversight of the implementation of the commissioning management system at the site.
- Coordinates the quality inspections with the site sub-contractors and vendors.
- Coordinates with the customers representative on all quality matters.
- Provides oversight in the distribution of relevant commissioning documentation to site subcontractors while reviewing that completed documentation is stored appropriately upon completion.
- Verifies that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the design documents and program standards.
- Participates in the internal and external site audits.
- Coordinates all the quality site inspections through the Contractor QC team.
- Ensures all quality control documentation is compiled and competed for as-built hand over through the Contractor QC team.
- Provide review and reporting of all non-conformance reports and undertake remedial action.
- Monitors the implementation of the approved site QC Plan.
- Completes and coordinates the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the customer.
- Coordinates with the Client and Contractor commissioning team on all quality issues.
- Coordinate and chair the commissioning site weekly meetings with the Contractor QC personnel.
- Assures all technical documents relative to site quality control are of current status.
- 5 years datacenter or mission critical commissioning.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline preferred
- Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, Quality Auditor, and/or Quality Engineer a plus Experience with ISO 9001 certification process.
- History and experience driving improved Quality at scale
- Ability to work seamlessly across functional and department lines
- Experience with standard Datacenter equipment to include: electrical distribution equipment from switchgear to panelboards, VFDs, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, Diesel Generators, DX units, air handlers, water treatment equipment, BMS modules, and hot aisle containment accessories.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Working with a team of highly qualified Technicians, the role offers huge development potential for any candidate wanting to work on the leading edge of the growing data centre industry.
No prior Data centre experience is required as full training can be provided.
- Operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems, areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building and Control.
- Monitor the EPMS, BMS, Fire Systems Alarms and respond in a timely manner.
- Operate, monitor, maintain and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems.
- Perform preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium & low voltage, high availability power systems.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted & permitted to work.
- Ensure that documents library and workshop are clean & tidy always.
- Provide input into and develop site specific procedures including EOPs, SOPs and MOPS.
Education and Experience:
- A fully verifiable trade qualification in a relevant engineering discipline & verifiable additional training that is relevant to the proposed environment.
- Understanding of LV power distribution and loading.
- A strong understanding and experience of the electrical & mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS Systems, Battery Banks, ATS / STS Units, Chillers, Air Handling Units, CRAC Units, Fire Alarm Systems and Fire Suppression Systems.
- Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), building management systems and their integration with the data centre infrastructure.
- Experience of low & medium voltage distribution systems & associated switch gear and protection equipment is preferred.
- Availability to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required
If you are fed up working for a big corporate this is an opportunity to join a niche asset management business focused on the design, development and operational aspects of the data centre sector. Working with leading real estate investment firms, you will be involved in day to day management of investments into the European data centre market, including development, debt and equity, joint ventures, sales and M & A activity.
The role is going to involve a mix of:
- Undertake and maintain market studies to analyse industry trends, activities, competitors and best practices.
- Assist with regular reporting for stakeholders including management and board members working with internal colleagues and external asset management professionals.
- Prepare briefing papers, investment memorandums and recommendations for senior management and board-level review.
- Conduct extensive financial analysis to support all activities of the business and maintain the company’s business plan model.
- Participate in the planning and forecasting processes and provide analytical support to the finance and senior management teams.
You will need to have skills/experience in:
- Management consulting, private equity or investment banking.
- Data centre, real estate and/or telecommunications industry experience.
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Good working knowledge of project evaluation, general corporate finance and accounting methodologies with practical experience.
- Relevant degree-level education.
Execute maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment to minimize ‘downtime’
- Day-to-day surveillance of building and equipment
- Support maintenance and repairs on building and equipment as scheduled by the Facility Manager
- Document all maintenance and repairs and maintenance and repairs made on buildings and equipment in a timely fashion
- Co-monitor and co-direct repairs and maintenance executed by external employees and document the results
- Monitor equipment and installations to ensure adherence to safety standards
- Co-provide input on power usage and for capacity planning
- General housekeeping of facility and compound
- Act as a first point of contact for ECSC for technical requests
- Acts as first line of response on alarms and handle or escalate alarms according to guidelines
- Participate in the full continuous (24x7) call out team
- Monitor and document customer services provided by external employees
- experience working in a data centre environment
- experience in cabling, UPS, generators, chillers and similar
- BMS experience
- basic ICT support
- Previous experience as a technician in a critical environment
London, United Kingdom
A Global Leading Data Center Colocation provider.
- Provide oversight and review of project plans, equipment and system submittals
- Coordinate heavily with internal engineering team across all disciplines to ensure products delivered to Operations is streamline and optimized to meet the needs of the business ocross all functions
- Conduct value engineering analyses, and provide system recommendations
- Attend project design team meetings and ensure product constructed meets engineering standards and specifications
- Work closely with Operations to find a balance between cost-effective solutions & operational sustainability
- Project coordination and commissioning support
- Develop and/or set minimum requirements for complete sequence of operations for all designed systems
- Help set standards for mechanical commissioning efforts and ensure compliance on each project
The Experienced Profile
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, from an accredited university or college
- Data Center experience is required
- Proficient in design tools such as AutoCAD, Excel, Word and Sigma6 modeling software
- knowledge of critical cooling infrastructure
- knowledge of building codes and ordinances
- knowledge of air side and water side systems and components
- Leads and oversees the pre-contract technical service solution design function and team to summit an appealing technical solution to the customer.
- Owning the proposed technical design & liaise with the sales & service implementation team to ensure the proposed solution will meet the customer requirements and implementation lead times can be achieved.
- Supporting sales & advise customers on technical solutions during the ‘lead to contract phase’
- Maintains relationships with peer technical and operational teams which are critical to the overall success of the customer experience.
- Oversees the design, integration, deployment and guides customers in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility and roi studies.
- Is having full responsibility for the costing of the proposed technical solutions and maintain cost/solutions objectives.
- End responsible for a proper documentation management and structure within the service solution design function regarding floorplans and contract drawings.
- Telecommunication or Electrical Engineering
- Technical background (experiences in any technical field is a distinct advantage)
- Ability to assess electrical and mechanical capacity to make informed decisions
- Project management
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commercial background in pricing technical solutions and undertaking ROI studies
- An understanding of the colocation business landscape
- Proven track record in developing client relationships
- Certificate as qualified electrician
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics (BA or equivalent), Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience in customer relationship
- Certificate in project management
- Experience in the data center sector or telecommunications
- Fluent in English, both written and oral (at least Advanced)
- ITIL v3 Intermediate Certification - Service Delivery Management
We are seeking an experienced commissioning engineer who can provide engineering and technical support to plan, schedule, coordinate and execute full life cycle commissioning of critical facilities.
We are seeking an experienced Commissioning Engineer to:
- Participate in the MEP design process;
- Witnesses the static and dynamic testing of complex mechanical, electrical and control systems.
- Perform Test Procedures.
- Prepare meeting minutes.
- Interact with contractors, interpreting design and specifications.
- Conduct site observation surveys and prepares field reports on the status of projects and completion of projects with respect to compliance to the plans and specifications.
- Prepare punch list reports and determines corrective measures for on-site problems.
- Prepare general condition survey reports.
- Familiarize oneself with codes, local project regulations, construction practices and the latest equipment functional concepts.
- Obey all the project safety requirements including specific on-site regulations.
- Performs routine calculations.
- Act as a project coordinator with other field engineers, coordinating printing, presentation and administration procedures.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.