1 Design & Build Job Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
London, United Kingdom
Datacenter People is partnering with third largest global data center provider.
What the Job Involves...
- Development and optimization of automation tools, self-service portal solutions as well as monitoring and analysis tools.
- EMEA-wide optimisation and expansion of active network infrastructures.
- Configuration and operation of high-end switches, routers, firewalls, DWDM and Linux systems.
- Contribute to the implementation of new network services and designs.
- Preparation of technical documentation, presentations and training material for colleagues and customers.
- Support of other specialist areas, e.g. in the function of a pre-sales or solutions architect.
- Participation and technical support of customer-specific projects.
- Compliance with incident and change management processes.
- Provision of all services of the e-shelter connectivity portfolio within the framework of the agreed SLAs.
We're Looking for Someone Who...
- Has studied in the field of information processing, completed training as IT specialist (m/f/d) or several years of relevant professional experience.
- Has at least 5 years' professional experience in the data center or telecommunications environment.
- Has very good knowledge of network protocols like SPT, BFD, ISIS, BGP, MPLS.
- Has extensive knowledge in dealing with public IP addresses, autonomous systems (AS), RIPE database and DNS.
- Has relevant experience with service automation and SDN technologies.
- Has experience in operating highly available applications using virtualized and/or container-based environments, e.g. vmware, KVM (libvirt), Kubernetes, Docker.
- Has very good knowledge in the integration of network and application monitoring systems, such as openNMS, Icinga or similar.
- In-depth linux & programming knowledge e.g. Shell Scripting, Java Programming, Python, Bash and Ruby.
- Independent, reliable and analytical way of working, based on ITIL processes.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.