Dallas-Fort Worth, United States of America
Datacenter People is working with the leading data center commissioning and quality services firm in the world.
- Responsible for taking a direct leadership role in accomplishing the mission and expands the business unit through successful project management.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management through all phases of Commissioning levels 1-5. Manages the Client, project team, finances, & business growth goals for the company by performing the following duties.
- Acts as Competent Person managing safety on the projects under their control. Insures that Cx Team members have completed any project-specific safety training required and that proper Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) have been performed for the work that will be conducted on the project. Ensures that toolbox training has been conducted & recorded on a weekly basis.
- Utilizes the company’s accounting, project management, and resource planning systems to accurately forecast project resource requirements and billing projections, as well as expenses on assigned projects.
- Updates project information as it is made available and proactively works to resolve resource conflicts as conflicts are generated.
- Determines how much money will be spent to accomplish the Scope of Work (SOW) & properly accounts for these expenditures. Identifies any variances that develop to SOW & advises Client in a timely manner of any potential change order as a result of these variances
- Manages all financial aspects of the project to include project opening, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue projections, and project closeout.
- Manages multiple members of the Cx Team which can include project managers, client representatives, vendors, contractors, end users, and in some cases the entire team in a design-build scenario.
The Experience Profile
- Interacts with contractors, interprets design and specifications.
- Knowledge of engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of your principle (mechanical or electrical).
- Knowledge of electrical or mechanical system from operations point of view.
- Electrical Discipline should be comfortable working around live components, three phase AC Power Systems and Direct Current (DC) power systems.
- Mechanical Discipline should be comfortable working with chilled water distribution and commercial HVAC systems.
- Ability to interact/work professionally with client.
- Conducts site observation surveys and prepares field reports on the status of projects and completion of projects with respect to compliance to the plans and specifications.
- Familiarizes oneself with codes, local project regulations, construction practices and the latest equipment functional concepts.
- Participates in professional trade associations and societies.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals.
- Provide RFI's to commissioning team.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.