Browse Sean Oaten latest jobs
Datacenter People is working with a global leader in the colocation industry on an aggressive growth plan via acquisition and organic development.
- Lead all aspects of construction including master planning, pre-construction, design, permitting, entitlements, competitive bidding, team selection, construction, commissioning, and project closeout.
- Create and manage project budgets and establish monthly forecasts including variances.
- Act as thought leader and drive coordination and integration of internal and external stakeholders within the project.
- Manage direct reports and third-party project management resources and track staffing utilization.
- Manage campus-wide execution of development projects from conception to commissioning and prepare various reports on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Own resource allocation and project workflow for direct reports and third-party project management continent workforce.
- Drive day-to-day construction decisions to conclusion.
- QA/QC work products of direct reports to confirm accuracy.
- Manage inputs and delivery of work products from internal team members to ensure that new data center spaces comply with all applicable requirements (Basis of Design (BOD), specifications, code, lease, etc.)
- Provide consultancy-style services to support the Business Stakeholders and project delivery teams at initiation and throughout the lifecycle of projects, ensuring a common approach is adopted and sharing good practice.
- RFP (Request for Proposal) creation and management for capital projects and customer builds.
- Establish project budgets and submit approval packages to executive team.
- Support sales in customer engagement and fulfillment of requirements as tied to leases and manage delivery in accordance with leases.
- Implement the importance, with internal and external stakeholders, of facilitating an excellent customer experience.
- Partner with Director, Construction Cost & Finance to produce monthly project forecasts including variance analyses as well as execution of Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and project authorizations for new and existing contractors and vendors.
- Accountable for leading and managing suppliers in the delivery of services.
- Ensure that risks, dependencies, cost, and quality requirements are always met by the suppliers.
- Identify and mitigate potential issues as early as possible minimizing the business impact.
- Vendor/Contractor management including qualification and relationship building/maintenance.
- Review monthly billing with direct reports, confirm substantiation and audit vs budget.
- Ensure ‘lessons learned’ are held and placed in the feedback loop to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure project team complies with project turnover documentation requirements to Operations.
- Work closely with Operations to coordinate design criteria and construction with ongoing maintenance and operation of existing facilities.
The Experience Profile
- Bachelor of Science degree in construction management, or similar field, or equivalent experience.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a management role required, 10 to 15 years preferred.
- Complex and technical construction experience is required.
- Data Center experience is preferred.
- Experience in CSA (civil, structural, architectural) and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) construction management is a requirement.
- Proven at delivering complex technical re-fresh and critical infrastructure projects with multi-million budgets on time and to quality.
- Strong commercial acumen, financially literate and comfortable controlling cost, and risk
- Fully conversant with established project delivery methodologies.
- Proven track record of managing through periods of significant people, process, and technology change.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Assertive and confident and able to quickly build a high level of personal and professional credibility within the business and customer base, demonstrating strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Ability to lead and engage people in a fast-changing environment to achieve results through others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management tools like MS Project or P6.
- Mandatory Polish language skills.
- Travel required is expected to be 35%, but may increase over time as the business evolves.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge each one. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for interview we will contact you within the next seven days.